Island ETC casting CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, the musical

From Galveston
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 9; EXP : 70
HP : 0 / 217
MP : 38 / 12839
ETC CASTING “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN”, THE MUSICAL

Island ETC (East-End Theatre Company) is pleased to announce open auditions for all roles in their upcoming production of the musical CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. Auditions will be held on Sunday and Monday, May 1st and 2nd at 7:00pm both evenings. Auditions will be held at ETC, 2317 Mechanic Street in Galveston. (Callbacks are by invitation only and will be held on Wednesday, May 4th.)

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN is a musical comedy with a book by Terrence McNally, music by Mark Shaiman, and lyrics by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. Based on the hit film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hank and an incredible true story, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN is a high-flying musical comedy about chasing your dreams and not getting caught. Frank Abignale, Jr. seeks fame and fortune by running away from home to begin an unforgettable adventure in this fast-paced spectacle with lots of heart. With nothing more than his boyish charm, a big imagination, and millions of dollars in forged checks, Frank successfully poses as a pilot, a doctor, and a lawyer – living the high life and winning the girl of his dreams. But when Frank’s lies catch the attention of FBI agent, Carl Hanratty, Carl pursues Frank across the country to make him pay for his crimes.

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN will begin rehearsals on Sunday, June 5th. Rehearsals are Sunday through Thursday from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Performances are July 15th through August 13th. Performances are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings at 8:00pm. There will be one Sunday matinee on August 7th at 2:30pm. Kim Mytelka will direct the production. Musical director is Eduardo Guzman and the choreographer is Jennifer Daugherty.

Actors must have strong acting, vocal, and movement skills in this ensemble-heavy show. Those auditioning are asked to bring a current headshot and resume (if not already on file at ETC), as well as the sheet music to a prepared musical theatre piece which best demonstrates your vocal range and ability to ‘sell’ the song. (An accompanist will be provided.) Also, bring comfortable clothing and shoes for the dance portion of the auditions. All actors will be paid a stipend at the end of the run.

ROLES:

Frank Abignale, Jr. - Our story’s conniving protagonist, he is a handsome and youthful con artist.
He grew up learning to disappear into another skin to avoid his problems.
Male, age 20 – 30; Range F2 – G#4, Bari tenor

Carl Hanratty - An FBI agent leading the investigation and search for Frank Jr. He is a
knowledgeable and habitual workaholic who idolized the moment he catches his perp.
Male, 35 – 45; Range G2 – G4, Baritone

Frank Abingale, Sr. - Frank Jr.’s father. He is an inspiration when it comes to swindling. Upbeat
and fast-talking, he undergoes a series of progressive failures that leave him a miserable drunk.
Male, 45 – 65; Range F2 – G#4, Tenor

Paula Abingale - Frank Jr.’s gorgeous mother; she met Frank Sr. in France during the war,
but has fallen out of love. She is caring and loving with an underlying resentment toward her husband and son. Must learn a French accent.
Female, 40ish; Range A3 – C5, Mezzo

Brenda Strong - A young nurse and Frank’s eventual love interest. Hard-working and initially insecure, she meets Frank Jr. after running away from a wedding.
She comes to trust him but his true identity clouds her feelings.
Female, 20 -25; Range G3 – A5, Alto

Strong Supporting Cast Strong - Integral ensemble of five to six women and three to five men who will have many featured speaking roles as Agents Branton, Cod, and Dollar;
Assistants; Cheryl Ann; Stewardesses (Mindy, Cindy, Jane, Kellie, Shellie);Agents; Target; Partygoers; Doctors; Nurses; Interns
All ethnicities
Male and Female, 20 – 40

Carol Strong - Brenda’s traditional mother; she is talkative and boisterous.
Female, 45 – 60; Range Bb3 – A5, Mezzo

Roger Strong - Brenda’s conservative father. He is stern and interrogatory, but reveals himself to be deeply romantic.
Male, 50ish; Range A2 – A4, Tenor

For more information, please contact the director by email – kimdmy@aol.com. (Please put Catch Me If You Can in the subject line. Or call Island ETC at 409-762-3556.

Attach file:

jpg  ETC_logo_new-6.jpg (64.99 KB)
308__720057154a359fed7.jpg 864X432 px

Posted on: 2016/4/18 12:57
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Island ETC casting CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, the musical

From Galveston
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 9; EXP : 70
HP : 0 / 217
MP : 38 / 12839
For those college students who are submitting video auditions, please have them in to Kim Mytelka at kimdmy@aol.com by 10:00pm on Monday, May 2, 2016.

Contact Kim for other questions.

Posted on: 2016/5/1 13:53
Create PDF from Post Print

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post

Account*
Name   Password   Login 

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.